Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's hot and humid today in downtown Bedford. I am grateful for my working air conditioner! If you need a place to cool off, come join me. It's cool enough to knit unhampered at Yarn Theory.

Several new yarns arrived this week. One is "PomPom" by Filatura de Crosa. It's a fine yarn in either white, blue, yellow or pink with little pom poms of bright colors all along it's length; sort of a soft novelty for babies. It is incredibly cute.

Another yarn is "Oh My!" from Plymouth. One touch and you'll know where it got it's name. It's made from 100% nylon and comes in the softest baby colors you can imagine. Only $5.25 a ball makes it a super choice for an extra special baby gift.

Two other yarns return to stock. New colors of "Bravo" from Classic Elite are in. This is a bulky yarn with strands of mohair and silk. I couldn't resist the eggplant color. It's very rich.

The second yarn to return in tons of colors is "Lamb's Pride Worsted" from Brown Sheep. It's here just in time for felting projects made for Christmas. Plus, there are lots of new felting patterns including bags, bowls and vases! One bowl even has a matching lid. I can't wait to start on some of these. I'm thinking of using the new soy and wool combination "Karaoke" from South West Trading Company. It has nice long colorways that will be awesome in the vases. Really cool shapes there, too.

I finally, finally got all the new yarn put up and away so the floor of the shop is clear enough to vacuum. I hope to get to the mound of paperwork on the counter. But procrastinating on my blog is way more fun than that. But not as much fun as bobbing in the lake would be today. If only the yarn wouldn't get so messy when I do that! So many things, so little time.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I can't wait to see your new additions!

Dianne said...

OH MY!Without a doubt, one could not touch and not say it with all sincerity...it feels totally wonderful! I always love the opportunity to check out the other yarns,and totally amazed...at their beauty...can't wait to become a more experienced knitter and try more. If I were inclined or...of age to have babies..I'd do so just to use the 'Oh My'..well, maybe there's a use for a almost senior citizen and "OH MY"..OH MY!!!!~~

Dana said...

Ohhhhh...I'm looking forward to seeing the next stuff and now that it's inventoried, I will be diving into the Lamb's Pride. Beware - - rabid felter approaching! ;) Dana

Anonymous said...

I have really missed "you alls" company on Thursday nights. Hopefully I can get my schedule straight come to the socials.\P.S. knitting socks from the toes up is the boss!
Suzanne